<$BlogRSDURL$>
Contact me at starfightersmodelblog(at)mindspring(dot)com

Airplanes, Rocketry, Missiles, Spacecraft and things that go WHOOSH! in the night.
What's flying around my head at the current time.

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

That's What a Moron Puts on His Luggage! 

According to this report, the hyper-top secret launch code for US Nuclear Missiles wasn't that big a secret. According to this report, the unlock code for the missiles was set at "00000000" for most of the cold war. Hmmm. I'd say, "Consider the source."
Armageddon Almost Not Averted
Comments:
Well, having worked on the MM3 system, and dealt with the debris from the retrofit of those safety switches (going from octal to hexadecimal launch codes) - and worked with folks on the team who set that stuff... things were a tad more secure than that.

Umm, forget I mentioned that. Even 30 years later, I don't know what's classified or un. Interesting article, not much truth to it, but at least he got the word length correct at 8 digits.

BTW, James, I've got that CD of drivers you were looking for. Just have to get it to ya...

J.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?